Your settings tab is the hub of all of your settings for you account. Make sure to check your settings periodically and make any updates as needed.
- The first section of your settings is "Account." This is where you can configure all of your main account settings. Adjust your name, company name, contact info, upload logos, etc. This is a good place to start to verify the information that came through when you set up your HomeBinder account.
- API Key: this is a unique API Key to your account that you can use to successfully integrate your HomeBinder account with other software that you are using.
- API Route Name: Another specific field necessary for integrations
- Binder Template ID: This is an ID for your "Binder Defaults" Template in your template section. Also another field needed for integrations to ensure that the information going into clients binders is configured how you want it.
- Binder Auto Transfer: This is a check box to allow your binders to automatically send to your clients after they have been created. We do recommend checking this box as it will make things much lighter weight for your business, and ensure that all your clients get their HomeBinder accounts ASAP.
- Send Agents Transfer Notifications: If you check of this box, its will send the agent from the transaction a one time email to the agent on the binder once its transferred. It will let them know that you set up a binder for Clients Name, at Property Address, and most importantly that you will be keeping them in front of the client throughout the time they are in the home. Meant to be a quick automated touch to keep the referral network moving. *This does not give the agent access to the binder*
- Binder Action Option: You can choose to transfer or share binders with clients. Transferring will transfer the ownership of the binder to your clients so you will no longer have access to the binder. This is what almost all of our inspectors do. You can chose to Share binders with clients which would still allow you to access that binder because you are technically making them a co-owner of the binder. You can choose a few options when sharing, like if they can read and write to the binder or just read the binder.
- Binder Transfer/Share Delay (In Hours): This field works in conjunction with the Binder Auto Transfer/Share setting above. It allows you to customize a period of time to go by prior to the binder transferring. We Recommend sending the binder to your client ideally in the 1-5 hour range, and no more then 24 hours. We have found the sooner the client gets their binder after the inspection and the closer they receive the binder to receiving their report, the more likely the client is to getting into the binder.
- Self-Serve Link: This is a unique URL to your account, and is a link that you could post on your website, or even pull it up on a device at an inspection to have a client set up a binder for themselves. Of course it would still be free to them! This is a great feature to use if you are an inspector who uses software that HomeBinder doesn't currently integrate with.
*MAKE SURE TO CLICK SAVE CHANGES AT THE TOP RIGHT WHEN YOUR DONE*